- Am I eligible for Forces Cars Direct discounts?
All serving and retired members of HM Forces are eligible for our discounts. If you are stationed in the UK we have special discounts with tax paid military sales, or If you are stationed overseas you can take advantage of our tax free military sales. We also offer discounts to TA/Reservists, MoD civilians, and tax free Diplomatic sales.
- Serving members of HM Forces, wives and dependents
- TA & Reservists
- MoD Civilians
- Diplomatic personnel
- Defence Discount Service (DDS) card holders
- Friends and family schemes also available
Some manufacturers may require proof of status. Friends and family scheme available with certain makes, please ask for details.
- What makes of car do you supply?
- Where would I collect my new car from? We will liaise with your local dealership to sign them up to our scheme (if they are not already) because we insist that our cars are delivered from a franchised dealership delivery point. This is to ensure you receive a qualified handover of your new car. Depending on your circumstances we can also arrange delivery of your new car to you within the UK at an extra cost.
- Can I take delivery of my new car abroad? We can arrange delivery of your car to your military base overseas, including transporter delivery to Germany and shipping to Cyprus. Additional costs may apply. However, if you are part-exchanging a car you will need to bring this back to the UK. We also have experience of arranging shipping to other countries, so please speak to your advisor to confirm your requirements.
- Can I buy a used car through the Forces Cars Direct scheme? Yes. We search the UK network to find the right car for you. You can choose from the extensive range on our website, or if you don’t see what you’re looking for let us know and we’ll do our best to find it for you.
- Can I buy a tax free car before my overseas posting date? Yes. If you are posted overseas with tax free entitlement, you can purchase a new tax free car before your posting date. The vehicle must be exported within 60 days of registration for countries inside the EU, or 6 months for countries outside of the EU. The vehicle must then be registered in your country of destination as specified on your VAT411 or VAT410 (forms used in the UK to negate the VAT). We will send you the necessary forms with your order pack. We can also offer personal export and direct export.
- Can I part exchange my current vehicle? Yes. Through our network of buyers we can find you the best price for any make or model of part exchange vehicle. We will arrange for the trader to meet you at your new car collection point so everything is as easy as possible for you.
- Do I have to reregister my car in the UK before I can use it as part exchange? Yes. Using your BFG office or through the NOVA scheme. For more details on this please speak to one of our advisors.
- What do I do if my part exchange vehicle has finance on it? We can clear off any finance on your current vehicle and any equity left can be put into your new car. For more information, please speak to your advisor.
- I don’t want to buy a new car but do want to sell my current car, can you help? Yes. We can buy your car, even if you aren’t buying a new one and even if you didn’t buy it from us initially. Through our network of experienced buyers, we can get you the best price for any make or model of vehicle.
- Can I get finance? Even if you've been denied finance elsewhere, we may be able to get you credit with our specialist military lenders (subject to status). The main finance options that we provide to our customers are Hire Purchase and Personal Contract Purchase, but you can also take advantage of HP Balloon, Bank Loans or Personal Contract Hire/Leasing. If you want to see if you can get finance with one of our lenders, please speak to one of our advisors. Forces Cars Direct Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (672273). We act as a credit broker not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to offer you finance facilities for your purchase. We will only introduce you to these lenders.
- What is a pink log book? A pink log book is the registration document for the vehicle for export to countries inside the EU; this is in place of a UK V5 log book.
- What is a CoC? CoC stands for Certificate of Conformity. If you buy a vehicle from a dealer on the continent, they must provide this certificate for you to be able to register it in the UK (many trade buyers in the UK offer less money for your part exchange if it was purchased on the continent with a CoC).
- Which dealers offer tax free or tax paid car sales to British Forces? There are several dealers who offer tax free car sales to British Forces, including Forces Cars Direct, Defence Cars, Motor Source Group, Griffin Car Sales, EMC Forces Cars, Naafi Car Sales, Forces Cars, ACE cars, Vertu Military Motors, to name a few. Forces Cars Direct stands above the rest because we offer both tax free Military and Diplomatic sales AND tax paid sales to UK based military, serving and retired. Only Forces Cars Direct works this closely with the manufacturers to ensure you the lowest prices and overall best level of service
We charge a small service charge of £195 to process your order. Our agents will discuss this with you at the time of your order. Rest assured, no fees are taken until you have confirmed your order and details will be included in your purchase order terms and conditions. These fees cover the cost of sourcing your car, arranging finance, taking care of delivery and managing the process from start to finish.
We are determined to provide our customers with the best possible service. If you thinnk we may have fallen short of our own standards, or if you want to make a suggestion on how we could improve our service, please write to us at:
Forces Cars Direct
Building 2, Alumina Court
We aim to respond to any complaint within 7 days of receipt.